FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:55 pm
sfo2bos

Programs: UA Plat, UA Club, Marriott/SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
The Verge is doubling down after their "journalist extortion" article. All in all, this seems like a fair article which highlights the major issues people have been complaining about here (ever-changing benefits, membership fees, non-disparagement language, etc.)

FLIGHT RISK
Legal threats and disgruntled clients: inside the ‘Uber for private jets’
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/28/15...rices-lawsuits
That is an interesting article. It is a strange thing for senior management to complain about 'millionaire clients' being entitled and not wanting to pay for food, transfers, etc. If I was a paying member of their service and heard this:

But when members complain, the response from the company has been to blame the entitlement of the rich. “What you’re talking about is somebody won’t pay a few hundreds dollars to take a helicopter, to get on a private plane?” asked Torossian. “It sounds to me like very wealthy people, most of whom are very happy with the company, who might feel like the company should be subsidizing everything they do.”
I would be livid. Torossian is essentially saying, you are rich enough just give us some more of your money and stop complaining.

The talk about going after the super wealthy and claiming it is not a fit for everyone, trying to be exclusive, also does not jive with their pushy sales attitudes and 'buy now before prices go up a couple thousand' pitch we have all heard. If the former is true, they should know how to sell to this clientele, which they clearly do not.

What do people think about the $28,000 avg rev/client claim? Actual users, are you spending 2x+ base? Do the $45,000 memberships and some big charter spenders skew the mean (i.e. what is median spend)?

Overall a very interesting company to watch.