FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ua 104 (gru-iah) cancelled tonight, routing options
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:10 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
If the agent is able to put you on UA metal they are going to do that and they don't have to put you on another airline if they can accommodate you...that's true, and that makes sense. Continue to politely press them for a seat on GRU-ORD or if there are option GRU-IAD or GRU-EWR.
agreed but i'm in business. i think it's fair they offer me routing home in the cabin i booked. but i didn't press, this guy is trying to help.

are you in transit at GRU from another country?
yes. been in t3 3 hours now
Above all else I would suggest providing the agent with as many options as you can see with business class availability on google flights for GRU-HOU. The agent isn't under any obligation to give you free time in ORD or another city of your choice. Make it easy for them to see the paths to get you to Houston in business class and that is most likely what will happen.
i think this is pointless because he is on the ball and trying to help (looking at all options considering the constraints i gave him: business cabin only). i'll go thru anywhere as long as i'm confirmed in original cabin.

agreed he doesn't owe me long ord layover, i asked for that as a favor so i could make lemonade by seeing friends and eating food and hitting up musems.

Be polite but continue to remind the agent you can't leave the airport.

Is there a transit hotel option?
there is a transit hotel

and of course i'm being polite it's not his fault this happened . and he helping me out by trying to give me a day in ord.

Originally Posted by pbartp
UA860 to IAD is still showing J9 on Expert Flyer. Connect to UA 762
there were gold pax ahead of me who were waitlisted. he said it's up to the gate. what do i say to the agent, "force the upgrade"? (not trying to be rude, i just dunno the vernacular)

{Prefer} being in a lounge and having an agent come up and update me while i relax and watch worldstar videos vs. standing in line at an iad service center with broken air conditioning in july

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:28 pm Reason: removed OT content