FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:05 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
Where in any of that did it say anything about regularly scheduled?

Good lord, read all of the exchange between he/she and FlyerCO.
OK...

Originally Posted by WWads
Right now the largest regularly scheduled planes ex-DCA are UA's 757-300s, usually to DEN and SFO.
Originally Posted by Duke787
And I think historically only a handful have operated at DCA in the past all of which were either emergencies or empty proving runs (e.g., the 787 a few years back on its world tour)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They've been regularly scheduled. The 767 was a regular at one point. Just not in many years.
Originally Posted by jrl767
the only other candidates would have been AA and UA, and I'm quite certain neither of them did much if anything more than that sort of route proving
Originally Posted by jrl767
I think we'll have to agree to disagree ... again, I've been flying SEA/LAX<-->WAS since 1976 (and I was a UA regular 76-79, 82-86, and 90-92), and I can't recall any wide-body service (explicitly excluding route-proving runs) into or out of DCA on any airline
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
This has been debated on A.net and FT many times before. From what I've been told by airport officials there has not been regularly scheduled (other than special occasions) wide body service at DCA.