FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated "What to do on a layover at LAX" thread
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:23 am
infy9001

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by bzcat
1. Which airlines? Is it UA+AC?

2. When is this travel taking place? Before or after the terminal moves?

3. What do you plan to do at Long Beach? There is no "rush hour" on this part of town... the traffic on I-405 is thick both ways all day. It's one of those rare omni-directional cluster <deleted>. You'll need 1 hour to travel from LAX to either end. that being said, it's probably slightly better going to Long Beach first.

4. You have approximately 12 hours of free time, how much of it do you want to spend taking in the view of I-405? I will say it generally looks better than 401 in Toronto...
1. Yes UA+AC. Plan to check my luggage in for the onward flight prior to leaving LAX.

2. Happening that Monday.. the 15th..so smack in the middle of the move. Will that really make a difference other than maybe going to the wrong terminal when departing? Need to add a bit of extra time i guess for going to T2 vs. T6?

3. Long Beach. Heard lots about it. Poke hunting ground and some good local eats in the area I heard about. I know SM is better likely but figure since I have time, I at least want to say I went there (Long Beach) to do what i aimed to do.

4. Better than the 401 during rush our? Okay, I can handle the traffic then So looks like Long Beach first then unless others want to chime in otherwise?

So what time would I need to leave SM to get to LAX to catch the 10pm flight assuming I have to drop off the rental car as well (no idea how long that takes, never rented a car there before).

Originally Posted by Need
You know I think Long Beach city must have spend a fortune on tourism advertising. I have so many people visiting LA asking to go see Long Beach. One of them even booked an Airbnb at Long Beach. The pictures look really nice inside the house and the description matches.. 10 minutes from beach, aquarium, etc.... When I drove there I was a little scare as all the houses have iron bars on the windows and there is very little street lights.
Hey..that's a great idea.. maybe get a airbnb just to have a shower and nap in Long Beach. Unless you were being scarily sarcastic...is it okay during the day time?

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 28, 2017 at 9:13 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts