FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:00 am
financialhippie

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks, I guess.

But at least you're being honest. Lots of secrets in the MS game, it would seem. And I assume some of those secrets are warranted.

I like seeing sharp store employees. It's sure better than them thinking you're a crook for buying gift cards.

Unless you don't eat, I think the manager is correct that it's better to buy the cards in $250 amounts. Even Walmart has a 4-card limit for MOs. If I were a regular shopper at Giant, I'd probably do it that way. You just have to think if $15 in food is worth $6.

But it's too much hassle for me. The MO people are usually confused or think I'm doing some scam if I do a split tender on a MO. They're happiest at Walmart, though. I guess that's the Headquarters of this strange hobby, so they see it more often.
Very true - I have decent luck with split tender some places, but the 2 or 3 WalMarts I go to - no issues at all!

Originally Posted by riphamilton
please do so via PM to members with some sort of history on FT, as opposed to posting in the open thread.

not knocking you whatsoever (if anything, i respect the ingenuity), but the current program is something that many of us would like to stick around for as long as possible.
And the [probably warranted] paranoia strikes again! Sign me up for that PM if you go that route