FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:38 pm
JMontpelier

Originally Posted by buckeyes1212
I'm looking to book the same flight in Sept. Did you search UA or Copa for availability? I haven't been able to find any available seats for the ANA flight from ORD-NRT (HND also) on Copa but it shows availability on UA's site. Also, any tips on how to ask for award booking? I've tried calling a couple times and the CSR that I spoke to don't seem to think that it is possible to book.

Thanks!
I searched UA and found specific flights with saver availability. When I called VS, I honestly expected to hit a roadblock and then HUCA. But after specifying to the agent that I wanted F saver seats and giving him the exact dates and flights, I was transferred to another agent. Initially, the second agent confirmed the flights in Y. When I clarified that I wanted F, she put me on hold, confirmed the seats within minutes, and gave me a booking reference number for the 24-hour hold.

Before transferring all the miles, I wanted to reconfirm so I called back. That agent was extremely courteous and offered to stay on the line while I transferred the miles. I opted to make the transfer later and call back.

All the agents I dealt with had no problem ticketing an ANA F award. So I'd keep trying.