FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHX / Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:57 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
I'm not sure if this thread or the Admirals Club thread is the best place for this but I have a question for the PHX experts. I'll soon be traveling with my family to London out of PHX on the British Airways nonstop though we booked it thru AA. Which is the best T-4 lounge to use? I think BA uses a priority pass lounge in Phoenix (I've heard however that it's not much to look at). We will be traveling in F so I believe we will also have access to the Admirals Clubs as well. Are we better off sticking with the priority pass lounge or heading to one of the Admirals Clubs? We don't care much about food choices as we will wait to eat on the plane. Our priority is finding a nice place for us all to sit (8 of us) and grabbing a nice drink or two before the flight. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, smuDC-10
As AA EXP, you have access with 1 Guest (as I read it: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ess.jsp#guests) to the Admirals Club. I do that when I fly BA out of PHX. 'The Club at PHX,' as it's called is packed with the BA flight. It's old and dreary.

The Admiral's Club in the 'Low B' gates, which is one concourse over from the 'High B' gate where BA departs, is new and quite nice. Food is the standard Admiral's Club fare, but there are nicer areas where you can sit and enjoy a drink.

If you have the Citi AA credit card with Admiral's Club lounge access, you would be able to bring your immediate family with you, but I do think that both First Class and one world Emerald status only get you one guest.