FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:16 am
uggboy

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by offerendum
Thanks uggboy. I often thought about this restaurant and always decided against it. The menu is very special with many things on it which are not my favourites. Since I donīt eat meat any more it seems to be even more difficult. This restaurant seems to be one of the more controversial. It is named as a three star candidate by many people but provoces also constant critical voices.
Thanks offerendum for your compliments, indeed the menu of the Steirereck im Stadtpark is special and our lunch was tasty and memorable, plus the setting was extremely modern and the service received was overall "spot on". Meat and fish play a big role of course, it's Austria nevertheless and one of us had the snails which had been tasty/pretty good, plus the sturgeon which was different/beautiful too.

For vegetarians or simply something different without meat we would recommend Tian in Vienna, while we haven't had lunch/dinner there, because on our dates in July 2016 they had been fully booked, but there remains the interest and the wish in both of us to eat there eventually in our future. Equally when you've the chance in the future to try it, book it and please report here in this thread about your experiences.

Please see:

http://www.tian-restaurant.com/wien/en/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^