FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The unknown Balkans
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:40 am
MA330

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Thank you!!

One of my regrets is not visiting that part of Europe - it was planned, but had a last minute cancellation and I have not had the opportunity again.
Your photos and narration are great.
Looking forward to the the rest of the TR.
Thanks. You should some day - it's rather unknown in Western Europe and even more underrated.

Originally Posted by offerendum
I would bet the Abschleppwagen saw once German roads Also funny the Exquisa was in German language.
It sure did. Pretty much 98% of the trucks/busses/cars in Kosovo are imported from Germany. Can't remember how many Speditionen, Heizungstechniker and Reisegesellschaften xyz I've seen. One bus still had a huge on photo of Mozart on its body. I've also seen a first generation BMW X5 with an additional Mercedes E-Class W211 stock exhaust attached to it... only the crazy stuff in this part of the world.

Originally Posted by DanielW
Mitrovica looks like an interesting place to visit.

Funny how Russia doesn't recognise Kosovo, but used it as an example of unilateral declaration of independence under international law when they took over Crimea.

Cool start and looking forward to the rest. A part of Europe I really need to visit.
You should - getting to that region shouldn't be too tricky with a transit in ATH or Istanbul.

Last edited by MA330; Mar 28, 2017 at 10:51 am