FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex EU261 eligibility question
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:00 am
kingcole974

Programs: BAEC Gold
Complex EU261 eligibility question

I can't see the answer to this one. I also may be posting in the wrong place so apologies if so.

My itinary, booked on AA.com was having me fly LAS JFK LHR DUB with an arrival due at 1045 this morning.

Anyhow, the late departure from LAS and an hour holding before landing at JFK meant we missed AA100 to LHR. This flight was due in about 0630 for our onward connection on BA to DUB at 0830.

We were rebooked onto the BA flight to LHR that was due into LHR at 0930 to get the later BA flight to DUB at 1035, however, our BA flight was about 45 minutes late at the gate and our flight to DUB was rebooked again. I'm writing this now from the lounge at LHR awaiting the BA836 (1315 dep) to DUB. This will hopefully have me on the gorund about 1430.

I'm clearly going to be over the 4 hours, but my confusion is whether I'm eligilble. Clearly, the final flight was always on BA (I know the rules are an EU airline or originating in the EU and AA ain't an EU airline)

If I can claim, is it the full 600 Euro? If I can't claim, am I due anything for my delay and from who?

Apart from lost time my only real financial losses are the loss of my return flight back to LGW but this was only £30 on Ryan Air and a prepaid train fare back to Brighton from LGW along with my time.

I've now booked a reward flight at 1600 back to LCY and will have to buy a new train ticket, so my actually losses are minimal.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.