FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I've had enough now . . .
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:46 am
onchanman

Programs: BA Gold
I've had enough now . . .

I've been a loyal ambassador for the BA brand for many years, and it saddens me the way that customer service has deteriorated. I suppose a 10 week delay in getting a refund for a cancelled flight is to be expected now and then, or refusing to allow a flight change when a BA rescheduling made the trip non-viable. And I suppose having to pay for a seat choice on check-in is a way of increasing revenue and I have to accept it reluctantly. And I suppose to have a glass of wine tipped over me when I'm lying in my expensive Club World bed, soaking me to the skin (and I mean that) and ruining my flight and my white trousers is to be expected from time to time. But to offer me £7.50 compensation is quite frankly an insult. And the banal cut-and-paste response from Customer Relations only makes it worse.
Anyone in business knows that s**t happens from time to time. But the way a company responds to valid customer complaints is what gives it its reputation. In this case, to have offered me maybe a new pair of trousers, or maybe some Avios points would probably have made me feel good about what was once my preferred airline by far. But I am now angry. What a missed opportunity to keep a loyal customer. So I shall use my 3 Amex Companion Vouchers over the next few months, then cancel my BA Amex card, cancel my company's On Business account (I am the CEO) and say a sad farewell to what was once a great airline.