FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:38 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by kthpence
I love the 747-400 on LH ... it feels like a private plane. But yes, I would say direct aisle access trumps that.
Agree entirely about the private plane feel. May have felt quite different if I had someone sat next to me though.

I felt like the seat had been designed for either upright seating or flat bed and nothing in between as I found that there were some positions where there were compromises. For example, if I had the footrest up and the back reclined then the fixed armrest was too high but I couldn't access the cubby hole lower down for my arm so I ended up twisting slightly to fit in, and in this position the seat base was too flat so I ended up sliding off it. The OZ J seat has plenty of elbow room and the seat tilts up slightly when you go into lounger position. I also found that the LH seat rocks slightly with a clunk if you shift your weight forwards or backwards which is disconcerting and makes the seat feel a bit cheap.

The food was better on LH though. Shows that is is possible to have a steak that is warm, pink and tender on a long haul flight.