FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CI W Cabin on KIX-TPE
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:24 pm
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
[QUOTE=bennos;28087698]Just to follow up...

I think the KIX-TPE flight way overset my expectations for my J flight TPE-JFK a few days later. Check-in at TPE was efficient but not memorable, no fast track for security, the D4 lounge is poorly laid out and way too small for the US departure bank, and the actual boarding was a mess (though the GAs were trying their best to enforce boarding groups, the too-small departure area makes it hard to do). On the bright side, there's a Mos Burger in the food court. (But no milk tea airside? I must have missed it...)

The in-flight service was erratic, ranging from completely on top of things to missing big details. On one side of the cabin, duvets were proactively given to each passenger, and the location of the bottled water and amenity kit explained (not at all obvious). On the other, they forgot to pick up a meal tray and people had to ask for duvets. They completely forgot my dessert course (which was fine as I wasn't actually hungry at that point), though they remembered my request for Port from when they were doing something else. The entire J meal service feels rushed with forced choreography. (Time for the cheese course, ready or not!)

Thanks for the review it is an interesting read........Just made me think of 2 things.

If I was not a member of CI (Emerald) and I had a few hours at the (TPE) airport plus a urge for bubble milk tea then I would have gone to terminal 1 CI lounge. It is about a 10min walk though. Hands down it beats terminal 2 lounge on the lower floor for business class or gold members.(I have been told this will get renovated to the new generation soon).

Luckily for myself the new and old first class lounge in terminal 2 is much nicer too hence unless i crave bubble milk tea I will stay in terminal 2.

2nd thing is I think the bedding is made on request. Anyway that's what I have been told. So i will make sure for our flights later this year I will mention to them when getting on the plane that I want it done after the meal service.