FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three trips in one: the 10-day 60,000 mile RTW challenge with CX J, QR F/J, BA J/Y
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:44 pm
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
These 12 days actually flew by in a flash - must say I did enjoy hopping from one plane to another continuously, but the past few days got my tangled in a lot of unnecessary stress.

I was 2 minutes from missing my CAI-LHR flight due to traffic snafus (which would mean the entire DONE possibly going down the drain)...

A similar thing happened when I decided to venture to central London, only to find out that there was no tube to LHR T4 for the next 30 minutes. I bailed and took an uber enroute, making it to the counter when the flight was already boarding. My agnails were cut from all these flying and blood was literally oozing out as I was panicking in front of the agent.

A weather storm at DOH meant my 1h 15m LHR-DOH to DOH-CDG ended up being 10 minutes. The 2h 45m CDG turnaround became ~1h and invalidated my CDG lounge visit

And now I'm about to head to the last sector DOH-LAX + LAX-ORD, with laptop ban and SSSS in full force...

Anyway, this is unfortunately not reported live anymore, but I'll try my best by posting the rest of my travels as quickly as I can

PS I really want to post some drafts that I've already written but the wifi at Al Mourjan is WEAK! If my laptop survives I'll post about a few onward journeys at LAX, at the FL or QF F if they don't card me again

Last edited by G-CIVC; Mar 25, 2017 at 7:50 pm