FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:32 pm
Darien-l

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by findark
I'm sure they would say it's an "IT issue" that "we're working on fixing". Given the number of other things broken on the UA site it's not particularly surprising. When the 3-class 772 was flying p.s. you could get the website to offer a price that could not be booked.
Thanks for the feedback. Is this the management's official stance, or your personal opinion? In either case, my view is that this kind of a response is unacceptable.

It's understandable that a company might have "IT issues", but it certainly should not be the customer's problem. If the website advertises an award flight as available for many days, there should be a way to book it. When a customer calls with this kind of a problem, the proper response is to book the flight manually, apologize for the inconvenience, and maybe offer the customer some bonus miles for their trouble.

Instead, based on my experiences in the last week, United engages in false advertising, instructs their agents to lie, and treats their customers in a patronizing and dismissive way. This is a completely unacceptable way for a company to operate. Has anyone reached United management about this? I want to talk to someone who recognizes the problem and has the power to do something about it.