FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-DCA,BOS-SFO become Delta One flights
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:37 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by minnyfly
Hardly. Their aircraft configurations are decidedly less premium-heavy. And from my experiences, their product isn't premium either. This is about BOS and trying to grow a focus city. SFO-BOS would be in trouble before it starts without DL upping their product.
To be clear, what I meant by premium is that Delta seems to be, currently, considered the best domestic airline. People want to fly Delta and they really don't want to fly United. The NWA/DL merger was the first and they were able to build a fantastic product and costumer service system while UA and AA scrambled to play catch up. And they are still scrambling, though AA seems to be doing a better job.

Perhaps you don't like their product, but many of us do, especially in C+/F/D1 and many of us are looking forward to PE being rolled out this week. And the soft product of DL, from on board service to the whole customer service experience is without question leaps and bounds ahead of the other legacy carriers.

I flew UA for the first time in years recently and the product was disgusting. Dirty old cloth seats on a 757 with "screens" that were the size of a smart phone and looked like something straight out of the 80's.