FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:16 am
robelus

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
Thanks for sharing the Emirates TIMATIC link; very clean^ (we should add it to the wikipost).

I think you are right about the Thai/Malay/etc exclusion applying to URC (and not TWOV in general), which is what we previously thought.

What do the rest of you think?
My pleasure. I actually noticed it back in October when another Malaysian guy brought it up on the Wikipedia page (Visa Policy of China). As he didn't have any proof to support his claim other than a personal anecdote, we had to delete his post per Wikipedia policy.

I honestly have no idea on who updates Timatic, but wouldn't be surprised if some countries are updated by the governments while others by airlines. Given the lack of Monaco in Timatic's 72/144-hour TWOV list, I suspect it's most likely the non-Chinese airlines with government supplied information. Keep in mind that immigration is a municipal responsibility so Timatic definitely does not have the most comprehensive information out there, so we can only speculate what the latest information is.