FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I Invite a J Passenger to Dine With Me in F?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:46 pm
llcooljayce

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
So, you're asking the equivalent of "at the restaurant buffet, can I bring in Tupperware and take all the food home for me"?

Or "So I bought this wristband that lets me get all you can drink at the bar, can I bring in my friend and give them some of my drinks?"

Needless to say this doesn't go over all that well for people who regularly fly in the cabin. F is reserved for the folks who paid or used miles for it.

Odds are decent that if you used AA/AS/CX miles for an award that there might be some availability that opens up close in if you use ExpertFlyer. (BA... not so much, they restrict close in redemptions.) So you might be able to put your wife and kid in F, which would make dining with them totally legitimate.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aster-thd.html

Hope this helps!
I can understand the logic here.

My redemption was with AS and I guess I just got lucky being able to find it so far out (flight in December). EF shows F4 and A4 for those dates so I'm hopeful that something opens up though the seat map only shows 3 available but that could be a blocked seat or something.