FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interlining baggage between SA airlink and ethiopian airlines
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:26 pm
billy10drs

Interlining baggage between SA airlink and ethiopian airlines

Hey all,

Question about an interlining possibility on separate tickets (perhaps this should be in a star alliance forum, but figure it would be more appropriate here). I will be in Africa this summer on holiday, will flights book through star alliance points. At the end of our safari we will depart SA to head to KGL via a connection in ADD. Our flight departs from JNB. However, I just booked the safari with an agent that involves a flight back to JNB from NLP (nelspruit) on south african airlink. Is there anyway that I can check my bags from NLP through KGL, even if they are on separate airlines and tickets? It would be perfect if we could, because we will have 7 hours to kill in JNB prior to the next flight and it would be super if we could leave the airport for dinner.

If we cannot interline, does anyone know how far in advance I can check the luggage in at JNB for the Ethiopian airlines flight? I know there is an airport luggage place at JNB, but was reading on other forums about thefts so really just don't want to deal with it there especially if I have other options.

While I am here, any suggestions on leaving the airport for dinner on a Wednesday? Flight lands at about 4:40pm. Our next flight will end up leaving near midnight. What time should I arrive back at the airport by?