FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2004, 11:58 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by annerj
I looked at a "Marriott Elite Recognition Chart" last night (or something like that).

It stated that there are the following Plat Levels (I was told this was in order of priority). It also had pictures of all the cards

Platinum 5 Star
Platinum Chairman Owner
Platinum Chairman
Platinum Premier
Platinum Elite
Platinum Lifetime

I'm going from memory so feel free to correct me if I messed up one of the names. I've heard of the Lifetime, Elite, and the new Premier...but have never heard of the other three. I did a search for 5 star and did not come up with anything. Anyone know what these levels are, how they are obtained and what benefits go with them?

5 Star Platinums are members made Platinum by JWM Jr. Personally....it included the founders of the company and the board of directors....I would assume it might include others but the only one I've ever personally seen in all of my years with the company was Mr. G. Grovsenor (sp?) the CEO of the National Geographic Society who was on the board for many years (btw: I was very impressed by him....very nice man)

BTW: I believe there are only: 5 Star Plat, Plat Premier, Life-Time Plat, Plat (but I'll have to double check....my day Club Marquis Black was the highest level)