FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific posts worst results since 2008
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:42 am
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by KACommuter
But CX will do amazing things to ensure you get catch your connecting flight or get there in time, IF you are a DM. I suspect JL will stick to the "rules are rules" line. So you pays your money and you takes your choice...
Actually, JL will do it even if you are a nobody. Had staff waiting for my brother at the gate and ran with him through security to catch his connecting flight. He was originally booked to connect on the CX flight to HKG which scheduled to depart 5 min before the JL flight. He arrived way ahead of time while CX flight was still boarding. Somehow CX decided not to wait and lost the revenue in this case. And the funny thing is the JL flight ended up departing before the CX one.

Anyway, I don't want to make this into a JL vs CX discussion. But sometimes it is CX who made those choices even if we are willing to pay our money to CX. Is it really that hard to treat non-DM or non-premium passengers a little bit nicer both onboard and on the ground?

Last edited by JALPak; Mar 22, 2017 at 10:47 am