FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:02 am
dm0506

Grand Club Rooms

Thank you for the feedback!

I checked rates through our employer website and found I could book a double queen room for $600 cheaper! Agh!

I don't think we would use $600 worth of food but it sure sounds convenient to pop in for breakfast, snack and drinks!!! Decisions!

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Don't know about the room itself (unlikely it's much nicer), but having club access for a family of four is worth it for $66/day if you use it. You'll spend that for breakfast alone in the restaurant when there's a decent breakfast served in the club every morning. Not to mention snacks in the day, water bottles for taking around town, and heavy enough hor d'oeuvres/salads in the evening (that can either be a meal themselves on a night or two in or supplement with a pizza up from the place in the open air market across the street - they'll let you bring it in the club). My wife and I had my 2, 5, and 7 year olds there last summer and made heavy use of the club.

Not to mention that the club itself is one of the nicer in the US, on a high floor with nice views. Also, a club room should be in the same tower as the club and be on a high floor. So you're more likely to get a high level floor if you want that. You might be able to save a few $$$ to see if they'll give you club access without a club level floor, but probably not worth the hassle.
Originally Posted by Giroud
The club offers Perrier mineral water for grab as well which is perfect in warmer weather days.