FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:04 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by grady4
I've done a couple of searches in this thread without finding a post on this topic so I thought I'd write and ask:

Does anyone have any experience using multiple card-holder's single certificates back-to-back in order to circumvent the "one cert only" rule at the Plaza and the Savoy?

For example husband uses his one cert to book night #1, wife uses her one cert to book night #2, husband's mom uses her one cert to book night #3 (adding husband's name to reservation at booking), and so on.

My instinct is that this is all fine and perfectly within the rules, however one might run into trouble if calling in requesting to merge the separate reservations in order to guarantee a single room throughout the stay; might be best just to show up at the hotel on day one and and deal with front desk staff on that.

Much obliged for any insight or experience!
I think the one cert per stay rule is just for the Plaza, and not the Savoy. I thought the restrictions on using FPC free night certificates at the Savoy wasn't so much that you're limited to only using 1 cert per booking, but rather the hotel has capacity controls on the number of free night certs that can be used by all guests during a given month? If that's the case, and they hotel has already reached that capacity, none of you would be able to redeem the free night there, regardless of which account the certificate is coming from.