FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:39 pm
dbernard2000

Programs: Delta Platinum
Singapore Immigration Didn't Stamp on Exit, also Didn't take back Immigration Card

Hello!

Last weekend I departed Singapore to return home. I was a bit confused as to which line I should get into at the passport check point since usually there are separate lines for different passport countries, so I asked a representative where I should go. He looked at my USA passport and said that as a one-time courtesy I could use the automated passport control machines (which are usually reserved for Singaporean Passports and Permanent Resident Cards). I was confused by this, but since he was an employee I trusted his judgement. He took my passport from my hand and placed it on the scanner for me. It processed everything and the gate opened up. He handed my my passport again and I proceeded on my way to the gate for the flight.

Later I thought about it... The card you keep from immigration when you arrive was supposed to be taken on departure (but of course it now wasn't) and then I also later realized that I don't have an exit stamp in my passport now from Singaporean Immigration. Should I be concerned about this? Or will the automated passport machine have taken care of everything? I wasn't paying attention, but all the other tourists were in the main lines, but since I didn't know which passports belonged to which line that's why I asked. I trusted the employee because it was his airport of course, but now I'm worried something will come up if I try to visit Singapore again in the future.

Does anyone have any insight or experience on this? Thanks!