FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Better Lounge or Longer Flight in J?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:11 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by golfingboy
My main thinking was eat in the lounge then once onboard only eat nuts/salad course then go straight to sleep. That is what I did on ORD-LHR last fall as the onboard meal is not good IMHO.

Also LAX-CLT award space will be a bit of a challenge as nothing is available on the nonstop or requires multiple connections whereas LAX-JFK is readily available in J, but I am not too hot about the 7am arrival.
Even if you eat in the lounge, I find it impossible to go straight to sleep on the early east coast flights to Europe, like the 5:45pm JFK-BCN departure.

Even with the slightly upgraded food in the JFK FL, its still never enough to be considered a decent full meal (IMO). It's not even close to a proper F class lounge meal (CX, QF, BA pre-flight dining, etc.).

CLT-BCN departing at 8:40pm arriving 11:10am is a no-brainer. So much better. Snack in the AC, eat dinner on board, then go to sleep at a much more reasonable time. Book the multiple connections from LAX-CLT then watch for something better to open up.