FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:46 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by fwerfel
thanks!

do all flights to the US depart from terminal E? I looked for the flight I'll be taking, and yesterday it left from D43 (flight LX18)
Most flights to the US leave from Terminal E, but it's possible that a few are leaving from the D Gates (Which are also Non-Schengen gates)

Chance for a departure from the E-Gates is still probably above 90%. D Gates are mostly used for short haul Non-Schengen departures.

IF your flight departs from D, and you've enough time, I'd still suggest going to the SEN E lounge as it's vastly superior to the D lounge (that will mean you're either getting an extra security check transfering directly from E to D, or going via Schengen (A) again on the transfer back from the E gates. If you're a member of a Schengen state, that won't give any questions, otherwise if you're allowed to immigrate into Schengen unlimited it would also work. For people with limited Schengen Visa, the only way would be E->D directly (which is perfectly fine, just a security check extra instead of twice immigration, which most EU/Swiss prefer, including myself)