FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA Benefits -- a net plus or net negative?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:12 am
boekel

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
I had this year 3 stays so far -

IC Toronto wanted to give me a one level upgrade only - challenged at check-in
IC Davos initially from basic to Club room claiming it was a triple upgrade. However club room and deluxe are identical, so for me its just a single upgrade. This then resulted in an incredible upgrade to one of the residences. May be it has to do that I'm a regular there
IC Madrid - gave me a one level upgrade from booked club room to family room. Negotiated then club access for another room, which I've booked on points.
Having a stay at Buenos Aires later this week and also booked a junior suite in Berlin in May. Reading about their adaption of the rules, I wouldn't be surprised, if they would give anything above a senior suite, which is again against the T&C's.
Having seen a lot of hotels inventing fake view categories (here also to name Berlin) I see a severe deterioration of the benefits with the new rules.

However it shows that the hotels get more stingy with upgrades and even assign a two level upgrades to RAs.