FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:41 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
1) Make an announcement that because its a night flight, people want to sleep.
2) Dim the lights to the bare minimum needed to eat and reduce noise levels to the minimum as well. This includes not throwing with cutlery, not chatting in the galley and asking people engaging in loud conversation to stop it.
3) Let the passenger decide.

Making an attempt to satisfy both is better than making an attempt that completely ignores one category. In the above, you give those wanting a full meal service the chance to enjoy it while also making an attempt to give those needing the sleep on the flight because they go straight into meetings/work the chance to do so.
My personal preference is the light snack model applied by e.g.JAL or ANA. But whatever the airline chooses to do I can sleep through it if I want to.

My point was only that as you have spent some time on various fora here, you get the gist that whatever they do for night flight service they upset about the same amount of people. Just not the same people

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 21, 2017 at 6:48 am