FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:49 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by 24left
There is no TSA Pre Check in Canada.

You clear U.S. customs in YYZ.

Also, you will be a connecting passenger. You might find this link from Air Canada helpful

"Connecting through Toronto Pearson – From an International Flight to the U.S."

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...rt/int-us.html

Thank you both very much.

Now I understand why I could not find any threads or data for TSA Pre check in Toronto - there isn't any.

Air Canada and TSA make quite a show about having TSA Pre check available for Air Canada passengers. Part of their discussion states that Air Canada is the first foreign airline to join TSA Pre check. That is great for Air Canada passengers departing from the United States.

I find it odd that there is no TSA Pre check in Toronto despite the fact that United States CBP is located there for persons entering the United States.

One more question, please. Considering that there is no TSA Pre check in Toronto, are the lines to clear security long? A couple of years ago I was on an Air Canada flight originating in Canada. When I left Canada to return to the United States, I had to spend nearly one and one-half hours to clear security because of the long and slow lines. Has the process in Toronto for clearing security become efficient and without (generally) long lines?

Thanks again.