FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:52 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
this is the Air France/KLM forum, so I don't know why you are posting here. You'd better post in the "other European airlines" forum where you could find people more familiar with SN ops. This being said, I fully sympathize with your situation but you took risks by travelling on separate tickets and you have to assumpme them when things are turning wrong. Your contract with SN was until Milan so they have no responsibility for you missing your flight to Nigeria. They made a (small) gesture and I think you should live (and cry) with that.
Fully agreed on all points.
I assume that you argued with SN in Milan that they should forward your bag to your final destination. If you show the ticket of your connecting flight, they should be able to do it. I have seen a couple of examples when another airline did it when the next ticket was a straightforward one. ut maybe it took to long to process paperwork and you missed your next flight as NickB suggest.

SN could pay your for essential purchases (as they mention), but there is no way they should pay you for hotel and food.