FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:11 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
this is the Air France/KLM forum, so I don't know why you are posting here. You'd better post in the "other European airlines" forum where you could find people more familiar with SN ops.
The right forum for SN Brussels would be the Lufthansa et al Miles and More Forum rather than the other European airlines forum (SN belongs to the LH group of airlines).
This being said, I fully sympathize with your situation but you took risks by travelling on separate tickets and you have to assumpme them when things are turning wrong. Your contract with SN was until Milan so they have no responsibility for you missing your flight to Nigeria. They made a (small) gesture and I think you should live (and cry) with that.
I am not clear whether the missing of the flight was due to the delay resulting in doing the paperwork of from the OP waiting in the hope that his luggage would arrive. If the latter, the OP should have got onto the next flight and the airline would have sent the luggage to Nigeria if needed.
If the former, then the OP had to sort out the paperwork in MIL but, if so, this would suggest that probably not enough time was left to allow for contigencies such as delays, etc...
Either way, Goldorak is right that SN probably does not have any obligation to pay for the onward ticket: this is a risk you take by booking flights separately: if you do it, you really need to factor in ample time between flights to plan for potential contingencies such as this or have a plan B in place in case the connection is missed.