FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:59 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by danakyel
Hey great thread for the baggage compensation thread,I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice on how to go about my current situation.

I flew with brussels air from the UK to Milan(my final destination was Nigeria) to get on a connecting flight with a different airline.

When i got to milan my luggage was missing, was told by lost and found that it was left behind. This whole delay cause me to miss my connection, meaning i had to buy a new ticket for the next available flight which was 2 days later. I had to stay in hotels the next two days.

I have been going through and email back and forth with brussels air and they eventually they sent me this:
"I understand how difficult the situation must have been for you and I truly apologize for this.

If a passenger’s luggage is delayed in arriving in a country in which they do not reside, we will of course take responsibility and reimburse the direct costs of urgent purchases. We will offer this assistance for delays of longer than 24 hours and only upon presentation of proof of purchase.

In view of the above, I am normally unable to respond favourably to your claim for reimbursement. However, given the circumstances of your journey I am willing to make an exceptional goodwill gesture and offer 91.00 GBP

This amount will be transferred to your bank account in the next coming weeks.

I hope that this compensation is in line with your expectations.

I apologize again for any inconvenience caused, and hope we can retain your confidence in us."

I find this appalling because i kept all receipts for the new flight, accommodation and feeding which they have seemed to disregard.

Any advice on how i should proceed?

Thanks in Advance
this is the Air France/KLM forum, so I don't know why you are posting here. You'd better post in the "other European airlines" forum where you could find people more familiar with SN ops. This being said, I fully sympathize with your situation but you took risks by travelling on separate tickets and you have to assume them when things are turning wrong. Your contract with SN was until Milan so they have no responsibility for you missing your flight to Nigeria. They made a (small) gesture and I think you should live (and cry) with that.

Last edited by Goldorak; Mar 21, 2017 at 6:23 am