FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:32 pm
yoshapman

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But when did you close it? BofA no longer approves you for another personal AS card if you still have the previous open (or if you closed it "too recently", as in the past day or two).

So if you still have the one from January 13 open (or closed it the day before you applied for the new one), that's why you were denied for the personal.

And trying for 3 cards, one at a time? That's 3 inquiries I bet. Which just makes it worse for you the next time! Why so desperate to get any card with BofA so quickly (I understand AS, but BofA Travel Rewards?). Each try would have had less chance of success because it counted the additional pull from the previous try!
Ok so not sure how but my wife got her 2nd personal one approved by calling up, even though she still has one she opened 3 months ago, and they gave her a really a really large credit line too, even though for the Merrill+ they had to take $5K from her first Alaska card. Not sure why if others aren't getting approved, but not going to jinx it. So it must still be up to the analyst. Or she got lucky.