FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:01 pm
Shopfranceinc

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Are you guys that are calling in to upgrade from Red to Silver getting an instant upgrade or are you getting the promise of one in 30 days?

I did the upgrade online and was told it would happen in 30 days. I called today to see if the upgrade could be quicker and the agent said there was no way to upgrade over the phone, which I know is intrue.
I called via the phone and got the answer immediately (yes) but was told that the changes would only start on the Day One of my next billing cycle. It wouldn't necessarily be 30 days...it would be however many days were left in the current monthly cycle.
I also asked several times if my 2017 spend-to-date would be counted toward my EQM and EQD thresholds...and was told no...clearly no. That also would only start to accrue on Day One of my next billing cycle.
HOWEVER, as noted above, my total 2017 spend before the switchover DID count toward my EQM count!!!! Pleasant surprise. (You can check this in your Barclay card account by clicking "Rewards & Benefits" and then choosing Rewards Summary in the dropdown)
**Please note, I see no where to calculate the progress toward the EQD threshold, but logically it should be the same as the EQM numbers, right?