FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:30 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
What about the Sheraton, which is 4.4 km away? I recently completed a stay there. It is a quite good hotel. I was upgraded to a suite with an ocean view. It's across the street from the ocean, walking distance to Kuta's restaurant/shopping/entertainment district. The breakfast was good. The view and breeze from the restaurant/bar they call the lounge is incredible. The sunset view is stunning.

One word of warning, no matter which hotel you choose: Bali taxi drivers are looking to rip you off. From the airport, several wanted 600k IDR (~$45 USD) the the Sheraton and refused to turn on the meter. I even got out of a cab when the driver refused. This ride should cost ~150k IDR (~$11 USD).

Uber works well in the Denpasar/Kuta area of Bali. I was told they technically cannot operate at the airport, but do. I used Uber three more times during my stay without issue. Okay, there was one issue which was totally my fault. I chose the wrong destination which was apparent when the driver brought me to a dark, scary area. We were twenty minutes away from where I really wanted to be. The driver refused to recharge me, although I gave him a huge tip when we got to the right place. Again, this was totally my fault, but the Uber driver wanted to make it right.

Last edited by CJKatl; Mar 20, 2017 at 10:29 am