FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dresden {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:59 am
fvn1312

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by golmaale
Going by the lack of traffic on this thread, I presume Dresden is not a very popular place for Hilton FlyerTalk members to visit. Nevertheless, could anyone throw some light on how safe is it for a person of color to visit Dresden and stay at the Hilton?

I will be in the area and was debating stopping in Dresden for a couple of nights - but mindful that Dresden is a bastion of the Pegida movement and Eastern Germany's attitudes to those who are not Anglo Saxons, I am not sure whether a stay in Desden will be somewhat reckless.

PS. I was also looking at the Westin Bellevue in Dresden, which appears to be at a very similar price range but a different location. Any suggestion as to which may be a better property for what is essentially a vacation stay?
Hiton Dresden is one of the worse Hiltons in Germany. Don't care about your safety in the Hotel, and at the daytime in the center of Dresden, where the hotel is also placed. In the evening, I would defintiv be careful.

East Germany is defintively different and I am ashamed to say it to you as a German.