FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:06 pm
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Holiday Inn Express, Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA

Holiday Inn Express, Wesley Chapel, Florida, USA

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked King Leisure, got King Suite, which involves a small half wall and an added sofa bed area

How are the rooms? Very nice size, modern decor and all shiny and brand new. They fit in well with the new Formula Blue Hotel concept.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Nice brand new property (open less than two weeks at time of our stay in a typical Florida mixed use development and kind of wedged between a Hampton Inn, an ice arena, and I-75. Soundproofing was good- no road noise and didn't really hear other guests. Staff seems to have paid attention during training and are trying hard to make it pleasant for guests. It's a little bit out of the way if you're aiming for places beyond Busch Gardens but otherwise a pretty workable location.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid $117/night AAA rate, which I suspect was some sort of 'Hey, we just got our certificate of occupancy' promotion. It seemed like a very good price during spring break season and felt like the value was definitely there. Would gladly stay there again if indications are that the property is being well kept up and it makes sense for my travel plans.