FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:24 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Are we talking about 'lifting' or full-on squeezing and manipulating?

Of course, given that we're talking about TSA, the definition of 'lifting' is subject to each screener's 'discretion', so it may very well include squeezing, smashing, gripping, twisting and pinching.

How does 'lifting' a breast reveal whether it is naturally heavy, heavy because of silicone, heavy because of saline implants, heavy because of post-mastectomy expanders, or heavy because of implanted nefarious substances (like drugs or the fabled liquid explosives)?

Are guys with well-developed pecs going to be similarly assaulted, or will TSA limit its male focus to ramping up the duration and nature of its genital probing?

I was introduced to someone recently who worked for TSA for over a decade. I'm sad to admit that I had zero desire to get to know this person better. All I could do was look at them and wonder how an apparently decent human being could make a living sticking their hands and faces in people's crotches and butt cracks and grabbing breasts, doubling down on harassing people whose only crime is being physically or mentally challenged and wanting to fly. I was so repulsed I shifted around awkwardly to avoid sitting near this individual at dinner.

I have no desire to know more about this person and I made my feelings known. Normal decent people don't do things abusive screeners do. It's possible this person never actually personally groin-chopped anyone or jabbed stiffened fingers into the sensitive privates of a wheel-chair bound partially-paralyzed stroke victim to teach him/her not to show up at a checkpoint if you're physically incapable of 'moving' when a screener orders you to move.

It is not, however, possible that this person worked at TSA for over a decade and never heard about or personally witnessed this behavior. Continuing to work in an environment where your co-workers do this while you stand by and say nothing means you're just as guilty and disgusting as they are.
Do you know why they left?

Just speculation but I don't think just lifting breast will disclose if something has been added.

The things TSA is doing are because they have no idea of how to screen people without resorting to extreme measures that simply would not be acceptable.

TSA is trying to prevent another 9/11 where airplanes were used as guided missiles, that threat vector was closed by adding locked and hardened flight deck doors. The biggest threat facing air travelers today are from insiders, the one threat vector that TSA refuses to address. Knives, guns, and such present an individual threat but WTMD, MMW, and X-ray units mitigate that threat. The rest of it is just power building by power hungry government workers.