FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need routes recommendation for travel to India
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:05 pm
sorka

Programs: AA Plat Exec
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Looking at ExpertFlyer, right now business class is sold out on both BA LHR-DEL flights on 4/1. If you buy it through BA, they are probably willing to overbook it at full J fares, where as if you buy it through AA there's no such option. I would call AA first to see if an AAgent can book it.

For example, aa.com prices your flights at $6,242 with everything in business except the LHR-DEL segment. If you try to buy the same flights at ba.com, that jumps to $9,472, with LHR-DEL in business though (it prices ATL-LHR-DEL in full J).

Do you have to stop in Paris on the way back? As mentioned upthread, you can buy QR ATL-DOH-DEL then BLR-DOH-DFW-CLT for around $6,400 all in business. QR will be a much better business class experience than BA.
Thank you for the detailed response. That would explain why the fare in BA is so high when trying to book business. I wanted to stop by Paris to say hi to my parents, but I guess i'll go another time. Thank you for the QR routing.