FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need routes recommendation for travel to India
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:40 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sorka
Alright, i finally got approval for purchasing my flights.... and i want a OneWorld ticket (as I wont fly much this year but will later this year / next year so I want to keep my status).

I was looking at ATL-LHR-DEL for 3/31. It looks like AA availability is 0 for Business while BA still has a lot of availability. Based on your experience, will BA usually open up more availability in business to AA or that never happens? If i purchase a Y fare with AA, will that guarantee me an upgrade to business when/if BA opens up more business class seats to AA?

Thanks!

FYI - I am trying to do (XXX)-DEL then BLR-CDG (likely via LHR) on 4/14 and then CDG-CLT on 4/16.
I checked XXX as ATL, PHL, MIA, DFW and they usually all route me thru LHR (and LHR-DEL is the one where i can only book coach)
It's not clear what you're trying to do. Book economy, and use SWU's to upgrade as many flights as you can? Or paid business class? Or something else?

BA operates ATL-LHR-DEL. Again it's not clear what you mean by "AA availability is 0 for business" and so on. If you purchase a Y fare on AA then you can expect to fly in coach.