FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:37 am
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by shand32783
If my wife and I are traveling to a destination (I am Gold she is MVP) and we are traveling on a $99 companion fare....when day of possible upgrades happen, will we upgrade together or will it be me first and then where ever she lands on the MVP scale (fare class) I thought that instead of perhaps me being #2 on the list and her being 7 that we would be 2 and 3 if traveling on the same record locator? Can anyone shed experience on this please? We seem to be split more not than ever even on the companion fare. I'm wondering if I should even put in her mileage number to increase the chance we're together?
The short answer is yes, you should be upgraded together.

In another thread, I think it's the Ask missy or How Upgrades Work, missy said that the new upgrade system doesn't list the companion (not just with the companion code, any two person PNR) on the gate display/app list but it's still seen by the gate agent and should be processed together. If the companion has status, they're visible on the display/app list on their own status, not as a companion of a higher status, and again, should be processed by the GA along with the higher status if two seats are available.

I would continue to put the MP numbers in on the reservation and just make sure the GA knows you have a companion with you. Are you currently being upgraded and she isn't?