FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why did I get the dreaded SSSS despite my GE/Pre✓/Nexus status? [merged threads]
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:01 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The number of times I've seen American infants/toddlers hit with this on CA-US flights is more than I care to count. The consequence of such selection is sometimes that the screener at the Canadian airport asks for an accompanying adult -- if there is more than one accompanying adult, they sometimes may even choose which one -- will have to be the replacement target due to the infant/toddler being selected. Having PreCheck for flights on the same itinerary or having Global Entry won't commonly make a difference for this kind of circumstance.

Beside the self check-in inhibition tied to this kind of hit, much of the rest of what goes on varies by the circumstances. Usually the rest of what goes on is considerably different than what happens at US airports for those with such hit designations on their boarding passes.

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
Probably travel history and/or name collision. You might want to look at applying for redress.
By "name collision", include people being manually selected by those government employees or airline/airline contractor employees prejudiced against certain kinds of passengers whose names or other factors may give the appearance (to the selectors) of the passenger being a part of group(s) disliked by the prejudicial target selector. That happens even independent of travel history, independent of formal governmental blacklisting, and even independent of name-related confusion with those blacklisted in governmental electronic systems relevant to this area.

TRIP/redress process doesn't get the airline/airline security contractors to cut-back on the rate of being selected to hit by this on US-bound international flights. When it comes to passengers who only see this on US-bound international flights, take it that most of these selections on US-bound flights are not a sign of being formally and indefinitely blacklisted by the government and requiring any action (toward the government) on the part of such passengers to see that rate of selection drop.

It's the airline/airline contractors that are driving most of these selections of passengers who get PreCheck on most/all US domestic flights (and even US-originating international flights) yet get this hit only for (some or even multiple) flights headed to the US. Nowadays, such selections (i.e., passengers getting hit by this only when headed to the US but otherwise getting PreCheck on other kind of flights operated by the US carriers) account for the vast majority of passengers on US airlines hit by this.

It's well possible to get hit by this kind of selection on US-bound travel and still get PreCheck on the continuing leg. It's well possible to get PreCheck on the US-departing flights always and yet repeatedly get hit by this SSSS kind of stuff. The DHS Redress/TRIP process generally doesn't do any good for most all of those hit by this kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by aidy
is there any link for the people that get the intl SSSS's (inbound to the US) when these actually stop.

I thought mine would stop when getting GE but i still have it last time i went (a few months ago), but overall it would of been about 3 years ive been getting these in intl inbounds. I still get my precheck when flying back to europe or domestic in the US too.
When flying to the US, avoid flying to the US on US carriers out of airports with US CBP/IAP working the airport, for then you'll probably see this less frequently; and if you avoid flying on US carriers to the US, you'll probably get the extra attention even less frequently. Those are the more effective ways of dealing with this when the government keeps giving you Precheck on US-originating flights.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 26, 2019 at 9:06 am