FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Park partly closed due to floods] "Visiting/traveling to Yellowstone Park" thread
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:20 pm
drewguy

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by linsj
I'll be in Bozeman in late June and would like to do a one-day trip to Yellowstone. Since I don't like mountain driving, I've been looking for a bus/van tour that picks up in Bozeman; tours parts of Yellowstone, including Old Faithful; then returns to Bozeman. I can only find private tours that cost $690--WAY more than I want to pay. Does anyone know of a tour that fits these requirements?
FWIW, it's not really mountain driving to get from Bozeman to Yellowstone. The only somewhat mountainous part of the drive is in the park itself, mainly the stretch from Canyon Village to Tower Junction. Yes, the road goes up and down in places, but it's generally modest grades with good visibility. (I'm assuming you're not planning to drive out the northeast or east entrances from Bozeman.)

I don't know of any tours, but you might look into tours from West Yellowstone, and then driving yourself from Bozeman to West Yellowstone to join the tour - a lot of the money you're paying is probably for transportation all the way from Bozeman, which is a couple of hours drive to Yellowstone.