FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:17 pm
Quinlanty

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ralphs
Just called in to book CX LAX-HKG in PE using AS miles. Great program and deal. Two questions:

1) The agent charged me $12.50 + $15.00 + $5.60 in taxes and fees. I believe the first was a partner award fee, the second a phone booking fee. I asked for the phone booking fee to be waived, and the agent said this was not possible. Is this right?

2) I asked the agent, after booking the award, to add my AA FFN so I could enjoy the benefits of Oneworld sapphire status. She said this was not possible. Is this right?
A case of HUCA. I would call back and ask for the booking fee to be refunded. Its my understanding that when booking an award flight with AS, AS number can't be removed. That was my experience for all of my AA operated flights to Europe. Had wanted to use the lounge using my AB status