FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: AAdvantage Citi / Barclays 10% miles / mileage rebate (ends 1 May 2019)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:38 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by dmfchamp
There is a 10% AA mileage rebate if you have an AA card,
Recently, I booked an award flight needing 110k miles, having only 102k miles in my wife's account. I authorized a transfer of 8k miles from my account costing $115.

What I didn't know is that the 10% rebate or 10K miles posts immediately upon redemption and I only needed 100k miles (110k less 10%) making the transfer unnecessary.

Guest relations would not buy this argument and refused to reverse the transfer.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Welcome to FlyerTalk and to the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum.

We have merged your query into the existing thread. (This prevents information fragmentation; members searching for this topic find the germane information in one master thread, not dozens or more threadlets addressing different facets of the topic.)

Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page. It contains a summary of important information and a FAQ.

/Moderator

As others have indicated (and as stated in the FAQ), the 10% rebate (to 10,000 miles annually) is a rebate on a purchase already made.