FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:10 am
krakalao

Hi guys

Writing because I have some questions regarding crediting of flights with Aegean to TK - essentially:
a) can this be done? It would appear so
b) does a "TK Elite" bonus apply to mileage earned and if so what percentage?
c) I plan on flying BCN-ATH / ATH-LHR with Aegean in Economy (~2.7k miles) - would the entirety of these count as status miles (i.e. pushing me to 15k), or do I need to watch out for ticket classes in Economy? Is there any way to check the impact of a ticket class on a partner airline on earnings for TK? TK listed website below shows impact
d) Given all the bad stories from other posters, do you think TK would honor this?

Bit of background: I originally completed the status match trial period with TK successfully, and have TK Elite(*G) for this year only. I've got around 9k status miles, and I had thought of flying this year enough to reach the 15k in order to extend Elite another year.

After reading all the negative reports here I decided to abandon this given TK was seemingly scamming customers, though now it seems they've straightened things out...As I'm ~6k shy of the 15k required in the first year to extend for another year, I thought I'd give it a go, though am still somewhat uncertain of whether this would be honored or not.

Any help / tips / suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

K

EDIT: Just found the partner earning table for Aegean (as of 2010), http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...egean-airlines

It doesn't mention anything about a Gold bonus, and also says: "Booking Classes not eligible for accrual: I, R, X, N" - Aegean specifies booking class on their website.

Last edited by krakalao; Mar 15, 2017 at 8:40 am Reason: Additional info.