FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MV Origon: is it as good as it gets in the Galapagos?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:26 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We've just come off a one week cruise on the MV Origin. I'll write a trip report when time permits. I think it is the best choice currently available in the Galapagos. The guides work free lance, and I asked them lots of questions about land and water options. MV Origin was launched last year as a luxury ship. It carries 20 passengers, considered the ideal size for reasons I'll try to remember to cover later. Apparently there are several ships being built for the luxury market. A catamaran was launched 3 weeks ago.

Ecoventura has 3 ships, the MV Letty, the MV Eric, and the MV Origin. Each carries 20 passengers max. The Letty and Eric were built in 1994 and don't target the luxury market. (As an aside, Jeff Bezos was on the Letty when he had his medical emergency and had to be medivaced out.) Ecoventura was able to take lessons learned from those ships when it had the Origin built. We loved the huge windows in our room. Service was fantastic from every single cruise member. Food was good with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Is it the best ship in the Galapagos? Honestly, I don't know - but I do know it is an excellent ship and worthy of consideration.
Can't wait for the TR. How was the air con in the staterooms/suites?