FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same day standby policy for JL domestic award issued by BA/AA
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:15 pm
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zig2
Have you experienced this in practice? It sounds like an super complicated task for me. I doubt if any agent is willing to spend so much time on an award ticket. I am talking about same day standby not a ticket change.
logic flow is, they will call your issuer and check if the ticket is changable (new rules are that they will try make your issuer to change for you if it is changable).

now, as you may know BA awards are not changable within 24 hours. so the answer is no. (I know this as a fact cuz they did everything to change for me AND printed my boarding pass and issued my upgrade with coupon as a JMB member. THEN they read the rules before giving me the BP. there it says no no no... so, I'm 99.9% sure you cant change it. Of course you might be lucky. stranger things had happened.)

as i see you've had past experience, just to let you know they have tightened/aligned to the rules lately (past year and a bit)