FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:42 am
Roberto Robles

Programs: British Airways
Best use of a $200 American Airlines voucher from the UK?

Hi all,

On my recent LHR to CLT flight, there was an issue with the in-flight entertainment so I complained via Twitter and will receive a $200 American Airlines paper voucher.

This is great, except that I live in the UK so am trying to work out the best use of this voucher. I thought that I could redeem it on a BA flight within Europe but turns out the voucher can only be used on flights with an AA code, and AA does not operate any codeshare flights in Europe.

I also have about 30,000 or so BA miles. So I thought I could use both the miles and the voucher to subsidise a trip to NY for me and the missus, ie use the voucher to pay for half of a ticket, and the BA miles to pay for the other ticket, but given high taxes etc using miles to pay for a long-haul economy flight seems very poor value as you only get around of value £0.004 per mile.

Any ideas on how best use this voucher? I am open to any suggestions. I would hate to waste it!

Thanks,
R