FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interlining between Austrian and Thai
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:38 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by vbroucek
[LEFT]@MikeFromTokyo - interlining agreements generally apply only and only to the same PNR. Other than that, it is entirely to the each airline to decide whether to check through or not. The length of the layover plays often significant role - as soon as it seems to be risky, they won't do that, because they would be responsible for lost/delayed luggage...
That makes sense. It has always worked for me with separate LH tickets, but that is probably because I had more than enough connection time.

Can the OP reticket to get the VIE segment on the same PNR? Otherwise, it sounds like the OP should allow substantial connection time between the OS and TG flights - enough time to collect and re-check bags if necessary- and then just hope that he/she will be able to check the bags through at VIE.

Depending on price difference and how pressed I were for time, at a certain point I would consider just flying directly from VIE-BKK on OS in J. It isn't TG F, but it is a very nice J product with good food, would save hours of travel time, and not involve a connection at a user unfriendly airport like LHR or CDG.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Mar 13, 2017 at 5:17 am